The league was founded in 1952, two years after the Pintona national football team, though the first club in the country was founded in 1940. Teams of the Pintonan League play in the WNFA Leaders League and in 2014 they will be in the playoffs.
Current teams Edit
- Bluehill United (Bluehill)
- Bonaire Beach Dolphins (Bonaire Beach)
- Charlestown United (Charlestown)
- FC Foggy Bottom (Foggy Bottom)
- Isabel Town FC (Isabel Town)
- Lyon Beach FC (Lyon Beach)
- Margrove FC (Margrove)
- Newport Town United (Newport Town)
- Police & Defence FC (Port Benedict)
- Port Benedict FC (Port Benedict)
- Spanish Town FC (Port Benedict)
- Union FC (West Beach)
There are four additional registered squads which are not part of the Pintonan League but do compete in the Stanley Warren Cup (the national knockout tournament for clubs): Aventador Stars (at Aventador Beach), Terrebonne Beach FC (at Terrebonne Beach) and the reserve/B teams of Bluehill United and Port Benedict FC.